Friday, August 28, 2009

summer's almost gone

Well, I haven't blogged in a long, long, long time. So here's an update: Skylar turned 11, Nanna came to D-town, Nanna drove to Texas with me and the girls, we had an amazing 4 weeks with a lot of Texans saying 'Ya'll ' a lot, Nanna drove us back to D-town, Riley turned 9, Laney and Riley got their ears pierced (again!), I turned ??? and got to go see Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry,... thanks to my amazing husband who always gives great gifts, and then to finish it all off, Skylar, Riley and Laney were treated to the best Date-Night with Dad ever! They got to see the JONAS BROTHERS IN CONCERT in Columbus, Ohio!!!


Danny did not tell them where he was taking them on a Wed. night. Some guesses were:Chuck E. Cheese, a hospital party, a movie. So they were definately surprised to pull into the garage at Nationwide Arena and read their tickets!



I believe Danny's text said that they were dancing like a bunch of black girls but they were obviously white as can be! They loved it! They even got their own bathroom! The tickets were for an executive suite which makes us sound like awesome parents but really I just found them on the internet!

So ends the summer of 2009!
Well, almost....
Skylar has a soccer tournament in Chicago next weekend so we will have that fun time together and then we will start school on September 8th!!! It's like the summer just won't end!
Skylar will be heading to 6th grade and Riley to 4th at one campus, Laney to 1st grade at another school campus and then 3 glorious mornings a week I will take Dibora (D-bomber as Danny has nicknamed her) to pre-school to learn all of the things I have not been able to teach her! Thank the Lord for Mother Hubbard Preschool!

1 comment:

Christie said...

AAAAHHHHHH!!! YOU Blogged!! That wasn't that hard was it?!?!? I knew you could do it!! :-) Everyone looks so happy. SOunds like you've had a great summer. I can't believe how big the girls are getting. We think of you guys often. BIG HUGS