Monday, February 23, 2009

The Shack

I just finished reading a book that Danny gave me for Valentines Day. I thought it was good enough to put out here and tell people to read it! It's called "The Shack" and it's the true story of a man and his struggle with God and faith due to the abduction of his young daughter.
It's a bit of a tear jerker but I think it is a good story about the love that is in the Lord for all of us, no matter what.
Happy Reading.....

3 comments:

Christie said...

I may just have to pick that up after the move. Sounds good

Christie said...

Hey, you know I bet there are quite a few "church of Christ" groups here is the link she sent me http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/index.htm and if you click on beliefs they make reference to the book of mormon in their scripture references "3 Ne. 4 :44- meaning 3rd Nephi chapter 4 verse 44. " Must just be a lot of organizations under this name. I've seen united church of christ, methodist church of christ... interesting little investigation tho.

norma said...

Cory, Linda Shanks loaned me "The Shack" - I'm finishing up another book before I start it, but I look forward to it. She thought it was good.

Her Shay, married to Willis, with two children, Aria and Joshua, is having a hard time. Both children have been diarreah (sp) and vomiting sick, then Aria had to be taken to San Antonio because she broke her femur and had to be put in a body cast!

Love to all of you,

Grandmom