Monday, December 15, 2008

Riley's Busy Day

A few weekends ago Riley had her first violin concert and her first gymnastics meet of the year.


She played wonderfully! Her song was Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and it sounded great. She had worked really hard and come a crazy long way in the short time she's been practicing. She's only been playing since September. We'll bring the violin to TX so those of you who can will be able to hear her there.

I had to ask that Riley go first at the concert so we could sneak out and JET to Ypsilanti, MI for her meet. I wish everyone could see how great these girls look out there! They have on these fancy leotards and all of their hair is done up neat and tight! You actually lose points if you don't match your team or if your hair falls out of the bun. You can't imagine how much hairspray I used!

After competing on the floor, bars, vault and beam they had a medal ceremony. They separate the girls by age and rank them 1-10th place in age 7, 8 &9, and 10&up. Riley is in the 8 & 9 group and she got 8th place on the vault. They also give them ribbons according to score, blue is best then red, white, yellow and rainbow. Riley got all reds on all events which we are happy with. Yes, blue would be exciting but for the first meet I'm not going to be that crazed mom!



As a team the girls place 2nd overall! If you can tell, Riley is under the trophy and just to the left, kind of squatting with her 8th place medal around her neck!


There will be more to come, her next meet is the 2nd weekend in January. They are really so much fun.


I have to brag a bit, Laney's coach has asked me to move her on up to the Level 3 team that competes in "fun meets" like Riley did last year. Right now she is just on a preteam that doesn't compete. I have opted out and decided that she can wait, you can't imagine how pricey this sport can get! Sometimes Danny and I wonder what we have gotten ourselves into!!!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Yeah Riley. Wow, what a talented girl how fun. Congratulations on the big wins!

kristin said...

awesome!!!! I wish I coulda been there for myself! We love you and your kids..even your husband :)

Micah & Shanna said...

I saw your blog on Kristin's blog -fun seeing what you guys are up to!! :) What an awesome experience adotping Dibora - that is so great and sounds like such a blessing to your family! So fun to see your gymnastics pics - Kayla just started gymnastics this year and she is loving it! Goodness she is only 3 1/2 and sounds like a lot to look forward to!